Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 35/2 wide open
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 12:18:11 -0600 (CST)

Hi, All....
I've owned one of the "older" summicrons (l968 or so) 35/f2,
for about 20 years, have shot it on 50% of all my pictures,
and you know what?   It makes great pictures....yeah, I use
it wide open, when I need to in available light, O/W I use
whatever stop gives me 1/250 sec....I never even THOUGHT about
it's "performance"....it's Leica, so it's probably at least
fair, but ya know what?  the pictures are sharp and hopefully
meaningful....back to my LUG bashing, most "shooters" don't
think about all this crap....they shoot, expecting the best,
and usually get something OK.....if not, then they might
worry about it....jeez

Walt

On Sun, 7
Mar