Subject: RE: [Leica] Summicron 35/2 wide open
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 11:49:48 -0000

Bill,
The 35/2 wide open is better than the 35/1.4, so I believe. I've had the old
style 35/1.4 for many years and live with that softness quite happily.
However, if you really want to talk, 'crummy effect', look for an old (LTM)
Canon 35/1.5 wide open. It beats anything else I've seen hands down, and
yes! The result can be worthwhile, one of my all time favourite shots from
the last few years was taken just this way, if taken to be 'tack sharp' it
wouldn't have half the appeal, the strange aberrations make something more
mysterious out of the picture rather than reality which would seem normal.

In danger of sounding pretentious...

Jem