Subject: [Leica] Re: Fungus!
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 06:22:20 -0600

At 09:06 PM 07/03/99 EST, Tom wrote:
>I suggest that you warm the lens and subject it to ultraviolet light.  You
>also need to be concerned with any minerals in the snow (should be minimal)
>leaving a residue on the inside lens surfaces.

Minerals in the snow?  Condensation formed inside the lens.  Snow didn't
get in.  You are right ... the effect of minerals in the snow should be
minimal, as in non-existent.  No residue inside the lens will be formed
from condensation alone.
   There is no need to subject the lens to UV light either.  Geez.  Leave
the camera out of the bag indoors until there appears to be no more
condensation visible inside the lens.  Put the camera back into storage and
that's it.  If you store cameras in storage cases, especially waterproof
ones, keep a desiccant bag inside.  There is nothing else to worry about -
no fungus, no UV lights, and no mineral deposits inside the lens.