Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] M sound levels (was M4-P opinions)
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 18:04:10 -0500

My three-year-old M6 (classic) sounds exactly like my M3, and both have
that distinctive echo quality at 1/30th. I don't think of it as loud -- in
fact it's quiet in absolute terms -- but it is more extended or less abrupt
than most people are accustomed to hearing when a camera shutter is tripped.

Reminds me of that Conan Doyle story in which the supposedly deaf villain
is found out because he reacts to the cessation of a repetitive noise, an
instinct that seems less able to be controlled than reacting to a sudden
burst of noise.

Anyway, that's what seems to get the looks, unless it's simply
envy!!///Dick Baznik
_________

At 09:53 PM 3/8/99 +0100, Hans wrote:
>I always thought all M:s shared the same shutter construction, correct me if
>I am wrong. Well, last Tuesday I took some pictures on HCB:s exhibition Les
>Europeans in Lousiania (near Copenhagen). To my surprise, almost everybody
>turned their heads to the 1/30th sound of my M6TTL.

Richard E. Baznik
2425 N. Park Blvd., #2A
Cleveland Hts., Ohio 44106, USA