Subject: [Leica] Re: Threads
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@franz.tir.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 18:58:11 -0500

>1. TI'm interested in regrets. Who still has or otherwise prefers screw
mount?

My first Leica (M4) was purchased in the 70s but I have and use LTM cameras
as well. They are smaller and lighter than the M and make great "stealth"
cameras.

>2. Who's the fattest> I'm 250 and am starting to feel like a miniature
>Jabba the Hut. If anyone is fatter I'd love hearing from you. I'm a
>little new to it. Trouble with fanny packs? Leica exercises or Diets?

About 275, but tall also

>3. The all time greatest Leica M lens is:

Noctilux

>4. Favorite black and white printing paper.

Now that Oriental is back, it will be Oriental.

>5. Favorite inkjet printing paper.

Huh?

>6. Alternate developers anyone: Amidol, Glycin, Pyro, Cathetoal both for
>negs and prints.

FG7/Edwal Super Black

>7. Resin.

My sink is SS. Bought from a restaurant action

>8.Does Leica need to compete with the Contax G2 autofocus automatic
rangefinder?

Not according to many who have owned both. Personally, I don't trust
electronic rangefinding.

>9.Viso. I've heard little or nothing on it in the 3 Months I've been
>around. I saw a few in Denver at the LHSA thing. They seem really neat:
>Man from U.N.C.L.E.. Functional. I'm getting one. Any Advise?

Go 'em, use 'em. Get a II or III. Absolutely terrific with a 65 Elmar
(recently used one for a jewelry shoot) on a bellows or universal focus
mount. Also like it with the 200 f4 Telyt.

>10. Has being a Leicaphile changed you as a person (OK I'm getting
>desperate, give me more time and I'll put down some other good ones,
>wanted an even ten)?

It certainly stopped me from always looking for better equipment.

Ken Wilcox
Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>