Subject: RE: [Leica] M sound levels
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 22:32:23 -0600

At 11:19 AM 3/9/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Can't speak for the Graflex, but the speed graphic was a rather quite
>camera.  All there was was the sound of that compur shutter, very quiet.
>The film, being 4x5 had no advancement except pulling out the sheet and
>flipping it.  Not too noisy, and depending on how slowly one did this very
>quiet.

The Graflex, being a reflex camera, made lots of noise. A speed graphic
also has a focal plane shutter used for some things. And the remove the
film holder, flip it and jerk out the darkslide, in a speedy manner like
journalists tend to do, it's a whole lot more noisy than an M6. But this is
being picky.

the M6 is such an unobtrusive camera that I've often taken people's
pictures form less than 10 feet away and they aren't aware that I took a
picture. Often on the street, or in a crowded room, the ambient noise is
enough to cover a motor driven Pentax LX, or Hasselblad! :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

C:\BELFRY is where I keep my .BAT files.