Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 ttl and older lenses
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:26:03 -0000

John,

Just so that Joao doesn't get confused here, can I add that using that 35
Summicron (for the M3) on your (or his) M6 still gives you the RIGHT field
of view, i.e. it shows the 35mm area/field of view in the viewfinder.

It illuminates the 50mm  frame, sure, but also magnifies the whole
viewfinder picture so that it shows the 35mm field of view. The 35mm image
then appears quite small in the viewfinder in comparison to a 'normal' 35mm
lens on the M6 but if you can live with that then everything is fine!

Jem