Subject: [Leica] Flash on M6
From: "Mike Rivera" <mike_rivera@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:05:58 -0800

I just bought a new non-TLL M6 with a late '60s vintage 35mm Summilux (I
traded a Contax G2 and cash for it).  I've only had it a week, but have shot
and gotten back 5 rolls of film.  I love this camera.  I just couldn't get
used to the Contax's not being able to see focus in the finder, no DOF
markings on the lenses, all focus markings in meters, etc.  It did however,
take nice photos and seemed of high quality.  I bought it new and owned it
for 3 months.

Anyway, to my question:  I was told that my Nikon N90 flash cord (SC-17)
would work with the Leica and allow me to use my Nikon SB-26 for off-camera,
non-TLL flash.  Does anyone know if this is true?

Also, can I use the Nikon SB-26 directly on the M6 hotshoe for non-TLL
flash.

If not, who makes a good flash unit for the M6.  I won't use it much, but
would like one just in case.

Thanks in advance,

- - Mike Rivera