Subject: [Leica] Re: Summicron 35/2 wide open
From: drodgers@nextlink.net
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 17:03:26 -0800

Dan:
You wrote:
>>I even have the 35/3,5 Summaron LTM which I had heard was such a dog.<<

Sometimes I wonder where it got that reputation. I bought a 35/3.5 Summaron for
$100 about 10-years-ago. After I bought it I heard through the grapevine  that
it was a dog. I sold it without every having seen any results. A month later I
developed some film and printed  one of the best photographs I've ever made.
Guess which lens I'd used. It's slow. That's its only drawback. (I bought
another one, but later sold it for that reason). In a way that lens sold me on
the M system.

Dave.