Subject: Re: [Leica] other leica lenses...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:15:01 -0800

Jeremy Kime wrote:
snip
> Having said all that, some would argue that the 'raison d'etre' of
> purchasing a Leica is to use the finest optics available so you may wish to
> save up for a genuine Leitz/Leica lens, they start at quite reasonable
> prices.
>
> Jem
snip
> > is there any other brand of lenses that fit onto an M6 besides the
> > ones from leica (preferably cheaper too)?

Spend all your money on the best glass you'd like and whatever's left
over for a camera!?
Not completely stupid advise! I've taken that one step further and
taught that the camera is an L connector that connects the best glass to
the best tripod. But that's another kettle of fish which I'd hate to get stirring.
And I'm real happy when my L connector has a meter in it.
Mark Rabiner