Subject: Re: [Leica] other leica lenses...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:16:07 -0800

Lucian Chis wrote:

> Well, let me tell you that on the same ideea I am using a Zeiss Planar
> 50/1.4 on a Yashica FX-2 ($200 vs $75) and it is woking good, as the meter
> is dead and I have to use my Luna Pro SBC to figure out how much light I
> need to let inside this box each time I open the door (the front one,
> called shutter) All modern Contaxes are electronic release (RTS=Real Time
> System) and will have trouble in cold weather, especially the ones without
> a winding lever!
> There you have another L bracket!
>
> Lucian
snip
> > Spend all your money on the best glass you'd like and whatever's left
> > over for a camera!?
> > Not completely stupid advise! I've taken that one step further and
> > taught that the camera is an L connector that connects the best glass to
> > the best tripod. But that's another kettle of fish which I'd hate to get stirring.
> > And I'm real happy when my L connector has a meter in it.
> > Mark Rabiner

Lucian:
I am flattered that you happen to be on my exact wavelength!
When I just wrote that L connector thing I had your exact example of the
Zeiss Planar
50/1.4 on a Yashica FX-2 in mind. Supposedly primo quality optics on an
inexpensive box.
But I can't tell if you like the Contax bodies or the Yashica better!
Mark Rabiner