Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V7 #69
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 12:36:20 EST

this is easy -- on tele lenses, (you don't say which one) the infinity mark is
sometimes not the final stop of thelens focus because  temperature changes can
alter the length of the lens barrel, thus subtly changing it's optical
configuration at infinity.

for that reason, long lenses these days are designed with some extra room in
the focusing range to allow you to focus at infinity no matter what
temperature is. Go by what you see in the viewfinder,not what the lens barrel
tells you, and quit worrying.

charlie trentelman
ogden, Ut