Subject: Re: [Leica] Slide scanners
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 20:15:40 +0100

John,

I suggest that you get a dedicated film scanner. If money is tight, buy the HP
Photosmart, which will scan slides, negatives and prints up to 5x7, at a price
which by now must be well below $500 in the U.S. You may be able to get an
attachment for a flatbed scanner, but that costs money too, and you will be
disappointed with the quality of the scans.

Nathan

John Hudson wrote:

> I am looking for a slide scanner and am wondering if there are any
> attachments for my HP flat bed which would scan slides or am I looking at a
> completely separate and stand alone piece of equipment?
>
> I am not looking for high end professional equipment but something which
> would be reasonably compatible with a $300 to $500 flat bed scanner.
>
> jh

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium