Subject: Re: [Leica] Our existential pleasures
From: "4season" <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 10:54:49 -0700

This business about seeking perfection in one's gear is great, and I'm glad
that there are designers who strive for perfection, and independent parties
like Erwin who can keep 'em honest by checking the quality of their work.

But the hardware is only one side of the equation: The other is a
photographer's vision/skill/strength of the shoulder!

I recently acquired a late-model 90/2-M lens and decided to try something
new: I've been shooting with the 90, and ONLY the 90. I want to be able to
instantly isolate a 90mm composition, even before touching the camera. I've
been seeking unfamiliar views of familiar places, and it hasn't always been
easy going, but when things start to click, wow!

Jeff