Subject: Re: [Leica] Our existential pleasures
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:01:00 -0600

At 04:17 PM 3/15/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Here our generous but reasonable assumption would be that LUG members are all
>a cut above the crowd when it comes to photography.

I = E = S

Why don't you just call it what it is? Id, ego and superego, and not
pretend you're coming up with something new? :-)

Id photographers shoot babes in bikinis.

Ego photographers own cameras then can't make pictures with because they
don't know the first place to start, let alone what it takes to make a
great picture.

Superego photographers use old cameras their father's pass down, and go
around acting like everyone's parents. Telling them what to take pictures
of , and what makes great pictures.

(I'm about to Rolf).

:-)

Unfortunately, my analysis left out a large group.

People who love photography because it's cool, meaningful, powerful,
communicative in significant ways.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Ted Kennedy