Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Zone VI Type I VC questions in Portland OR
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 19:52:45 +0000

At 01:31 PM 3/17/99 -0800, you wrote:
>A friend here thinks his enlarger is defective, as he can't get the VC
head to soften enough for his needs! Who does the actual manufacture?
(Calumet sells it, I know, but they bought the business from someone who
retired)
Do you get enough low contrast out of the VC head?

Zone VI is still an entity in Vermont. They have a web page,
www.zonevi.com. Email, or call them. When Calumet first bought them all
calls would go directly to Calumet, but I think that has since changed.
My guess is your friend needs to add a 40 yellow filter beneath the head to
get the full soft effect. Just leave it in place, you'll still get the high
contrast when she/he goes to the high filters. Good Luck.

Bill Franson