Subject: Re: [Leica] Our existential pleasures
From: "4season" <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:01:42 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Alan Ball <alanball@csi.com>
>I guess that might be at least part of the reason I chose photography, and
>now that I own the photographic Steinway, I realise I am far from deserving
>it, on creativity grounds anyway (I've worked my butt of to pay for those
>gems). How many luggers feel that way ?

Not me: You will never be Henri Cartier-Bresson, but then again, he can
never be you, either.

I think a lot of perfectly good photographers go around thinking their
original ideas are unworthy, because theirs is not a recognized style, and
others don't quite know what to make of them-yet. Somewhere, someone's
probably got a collection of amazing kids-and-dogs photos or Quicktime VRs
that could totally change our attitudes about what Fine Art can be. Once
word gets around, EVERYONE will want to do kids and dogs!

Jeff