Subject: RE: [Leica] Black borders; was 37X25 Neg Holder
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:18:23 -0000

Christer,

Thanks for this suggestion, it's one that is suggested from time to time,
unfortunately for me it doesn't give me the look I want. There is a definite
difference between a drawn on line and the edge of the negative, not merely
in terms of contrasting density, reflected light and general tidiness but
more importantly to me the concept of integrity, of 'wholeness' and truth.

I think it is the struggle with these abstract concepts in a perceieved
literal medium that makes photography so interesting, the presentation of
more than reality within a 2 dimensional plane.

Jem