Subject: Re: [Leica] I like small lenses (50/2.8)
From: mikiro <mikiro@yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 02:22:31 -0800 (PST)

TEAShea@aol.com a écrit:

> The current generation 50 2.8 is a nice lens.  It is not talked
about too
> much, but for a small lens it works quite well.

Hi, Tom.
Please let me know more about the current 50/2.8.  I am seriously
thinking of purchasing this SAMLL lens.  I once used a Zeiss Tessar
45/2.8 very often.  This lens is very sharp from full aperture but
with rather harsh bokeh.  When stopped down it is a little too
contrasty, and the plane of focus moves backward as compared with that
at wide open.  I liked the lens despite all these characters which may
be inherent to all Tessar-type (four-element) lenses.  Does the 50/2.8
show such characters?
Thanks in advance.

mikiro
Strasbourg