Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon LS-2000: Thanks!
From: James Klebau <jklebau@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 07:59:08 +0000

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Dear Joe, Tina, Robert, James, Tom:
>
> Many thanks for your advice on the Silverfast. The opinions are strongly
> divided, with some people saying it is basically not worth the price
> while others sing its praises. I think that I will buy the scanner
> without the Silverfast, learn to use it with the standard software, and
> add the Silverfast later if I feel a need for it.
>
> Thanks to all!
>
> Nathan

Nathan,

There is a complete working version available at

http://www.lasersoftint.com/Images/Download/download.htm

It is protected by slapping their logo accross the scanned image when it
opens in Photoshop. But there is no time limit. This seems to be the best
way to decide if Silverfast is for you.

Jim Klebau