Subject: Re: [Leica] Photography, my point of view.
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:30:01 +0100

Jim,
you put my feelings into words. Your arguments are very convincing.

If a Holga- or Lomo-picture is great (I said _if_) it usually is not _because_
it is taken with one of those cameras but _although_!

It is possible to take great pictures with whatever camera a great photograph
uses; we heard this quite often.
But some people seem to forget, that this is possible with the newest Leica
glass as well. And it is not possible to create pictures of ultimate
sharpness and contrast with cheap equipment.

So here is a table summarizing the differences between cheap glass and latest
Leica stuff. A '+' means that this kind of pictures can be taken with the
camera, a '-' indicates that this is not possible:

                	Leica			cheap glass
crap			+			+
unsharp			+			+
high impact		+			+
low impact		+			+
very sharp		+			-
high contrast		+			-
finest colour hues	+			-
soft			+(with filter)		+
Ted's darkness		+			-

So count the + on each side and you might be surprised who is the winner, but
I won't tell you yet.

christoph (toung in cheek)