Subject: [Leica] Stock Bokeh
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:32:59 -0800

I just received by mail information from a stock photo agency in Japan
that solicited my work (and others' work, I'm sure).  But the
interesting thing was reading one part of the Japanese market:

"For all pictures, it is important the background is brighter color
(i.e., blue, green) but not dark brown, gray or black.  Background
prefer simple (i.e. out of focus by telephoto lens.)  Wide angle lens
works but if the background is complicated, we may not sell well.

"In this case (occasionally) it may be better taking 300mm lens or so.
The result the background should well treat to be out focused and it is
even better it does not identify the place."

It goes on about simplicity and importance of non-descript backgrounds.
Interesting.  Is this related to their obsession with bokeh??

Who knows!

donal
- --
Donal Philby