Subject: Lens for bokeh (was [Leica] bokeh article)
From: mikiro <mikiro@yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:35:04 -0800 (PST)

Simon Pulman-Jones <spulmanjones@lbs.ac.uk> a écrit:

> I've just come across an article about 'bokeh' by a Harold M
Merklinger that
> may be of interest. It appears to make a sound case for the effects of
> aperture shape and spherical aberrations on the out of focus image.
snip

I read with interest the above article, which reminded me of a newly
released Minolta lens, STF 135/2.8 [T4.5].  It includes two
apodisation filters to minimise "ni-sen" bokeh (double-line streaks).
These filters are said to smooth both front and back bokeh and give
3-dimensional effects.  A possible "ultimate lens for bokeh"  Does
anyone have more info about this lens?
==
mikiro
Strasbourg