Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Damn Lens Hood Stuck!
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 01:45:52 -0500 (EST)

> My new lens reads #ummilux--some white paint apparently splashed over
> the 's' in the word summilux.  Any way to safely remove the excess?

You could always paint over the white lettering with a black Sharpie
marker.  I did this to the text on the forward-facing end of the lens,
and now the lens in nearly as stealthy as the rest of the body
(includes black tape over the dot).  I left the rest of the barrel
alone so I could actually read the important stuff.

This has the added benefit of allowing me to not obsess over the lens
anymore, since it's now offically blemished.  Resale value?  Not an
issue.  This lens is a keeper.

- --Andrew
no archive