Subject: [Leica] High speed black and white film
From: RFMGabe@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 11:33:50 EST

Fellow Leica M users...
I’ve recently returned to photography. Mainly, I use Leica M cameras (M4-P)
for studio fetish images and an M3 for general street work). I use Fujichrome
ASTIA 100 for studio/flash and have great results. By the way, I strongly
recommend ASTIA for people images.
	Now, however, I want to take arty zoo images. I’m very impressed with the
work done by Britta Jaschinski in her book, ZOO, published by Phaidon in 1996.
	Her work is done in black and white. I assume most of her indoor shots were
done with high speed black/white film (sans flash). Her book gives no tech
info.
	So my question to this group is: If you had to pick a black/white film for
indoor zoo shots (sans flash) which film would that be? Would it be T-Max 3200
Pro, or Fujipan B&W 1600, or Delta 3200 Pro?
	The B/W film I use will also do double duty for outdoor zoo images. The
images will not be realistic but interpretative—kind of like the idea behind
expressionism in painting.
	Thanks for your input.
	Bob Gabriel