Subject: Re: [Leica] Roy Moss
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 00:48:38 +0100

I too find the Viewfinder an excellent publication. I also had a similar
experience with the last issue having been damaged by moisture somewhere on the
way to Belgium--a phone call resulted in a friendly conversation and a prompt
replacement.

This whole controversy about alleged inaccuracies looks to me like some kind of
personal vendetta. So far none of the posters have pointed out those
inaccuracies. In any event, Viewfinder is not and does not pretend to be a
peer-reviewed publication like the scientific journals--and even those contain
articles with mistakes.

I agree with you that the Viewfinder is head and shoulders above LFI.

Nathan

Gary Todoroff wrote:

> I have nothing but admiration for the job Roy Moss has done as editor of the
> "Viewfinder" and as past president of LHSA.
>
> My first conversation with Roy was during my initial year as an LHSA member
> in 1996. I received a damaged issuer of the "Viewfinder", so called Roy on
> the phone. I was pleasantly surprised to find a gentleman concerned that my
> magazine should be in perfect condition, and who treated me immediately as a
> fellow member of the LHSA group.

<BIG SNIP>

- --
Nathan Wajsman