Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Re: Adams, Weston, and... Welch?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 13:13:17 -0600

At 01:05 PM 3/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
> but rather than hold those differences
>     to prove one superior to the other, I suggest we just appreciate them
>     both instead as supplementary to each other.

But that misses the point that Adams was just fine with HCB, and admired
his work, but HCB thought unless Adams took his political slant on things,
he was somehow not useful for much. Such attitudes, that the only valid
expression in photography had to include people still exists to this day.
Note my bias, for the most part, for people in my pictures. But I also know
that photography is much bigger than my little circle.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

He, who will not reason, is a bigot, He who cannot is a fool.
- -William Drumond,