Subject: Re: [Leica] AA, HCB & Leicas
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 16:50:51 -0500

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>  It averages out in this case in my overblown opinion to
> the vision of a great artist and craftsman whose subject matter is rural
> instead of urban.
> Mark Rabiner

Right - Criticizing AA for not shooting what HCB shoots is a bit like
criticizing Wyeth for not being Hopper, or Durant for not being Daumier...Art
is art is art...and different artists see and interpret different things...and
thank God there isn't just one vision out there...

On the other track - sure, you can shoot street life with a 'blad,' or
landscapes with an M6...but that's not what either camera is really intended
for....

B. D.