Subject: Re: [Leica] AA, HCB & Leicas
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 08:55:26 -0600

At 09:32 AM 3/22/99 -0500, you wrote:
>As I look at the work of those two, and at Capa's work, I come to the
>conclusion that Capa is so revered because he was there "first," not because
>he was either the best or close to it.

I agree with you. I like Capa's work, and appreciate it for it's power and
for his pioneering efforts. And for some pictures that stand with the most
important in the history of photography. But I think at the end of the day,
James Natchwey is the best war photographer who has ever shot a frame.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.