Subject: Re: [Leica] Nature in USA/Canada and elsewhere
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:42:22 -0600

At 10:54 AM 3/22/99 -0800, you wrote:
>The author of the original post should get
>off his/her chauvinistic high horse.

Maybe you ought to read what I said, and stop overreacting to what I didn't
say. If you can't get what I said right, don't say anything.

To take the politically correct position that it's wrong to state that one
place in the world is unique - as if any place in the world isn't - then
you are looking to start something that wasn't intended. I did not say, or
imply, that any place is better than any other. But what I DID imply is
that those of us who live there might just get what the photographer is
saying a little bit better than someone who has never been there. Is that
plain enough for you?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Cynicism often masquerades for sophistication in our society, but more
often than not it's merely an indicator of resentment.