Subject: Re: [Leica] Nature in USA/Canada and elsewhere
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 07:55:33 EST

Hi All,

In a message dated 3/22/99 12:49:21 PM Mountain Standard Time, Eric wrote:

<< But what I DID imply is
 that those of us who live there might just get what the photographer is
 saying a little bit better than someone who has never been there. >>

Stated this way, I think Eric makes a good point. I am also a fan of AA, and
suffer from the same nostalgia for "unspoiled" western wilderness. I've lived
in many states and a number of countries: I love the Vienna Woods, the English
and French countrysides, and the Fjords of Norway. The Alps are incredible,
for example, but having seen them in person I suppose I appreciate photos of
them more than if they were only an abstraction in two dimensions.

Anyway, there is nothing quite like the Western US forests and wilderness. It
is rather unique. That doesn'tmake it intrinsically better than any other
forest, nor did Eric state that, but it is nonetheless special.

Will von Dauster