Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica New Generation / Outdoor bags
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 07:56:11 -0600

At 10:41 AM 3/24/99 +0100, you wrote:
>So I am looking for something which is easier to carry around that can hold
>an R8 plus winder and 3 to 4 lenses, and is not too much of a burden.

Domke F2. My favorite bag. It's a love-hate relationship. They are a pain
because they wear out too fast. But then, I'm pretty hard on a bag, and
they hold up until they look so ratty you can't stand to be seen with it on
your shoulder anywhere more sophisticated than a pro wrestling match. But
they fit on your shoulder great, mould to your body, so they hang down, not
out.

They hold  a lot of stuff. Photojournalists prefer this bag at a ratio of
about 10:1 with anything else. I have yet to find a bag of any make that
would cause me to give up my Domke.

Once while photographing salmon migrating up-river in Southern Oregon I
slipped on a rock and my Domke got dunked almost up to the top. Fortunately
my foot hit bottom before it went over the top. Everything inside was dry.
Talk about a scare, try dunking a bag full of Leicas! :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.