Subject: Re: [Leica] G system and Leica IN YOUR DREAMS
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 23:14:48 +0000

Mark Rabiner wrote:
>I did not suggest and I do not think that it is the case that Erwin did
>an comprehensive article or test comparing the G to M systems. I do
>recall him mentioning a few of the G lenses in passing and in those
>writings implying that they were between 10 to 30 percent less good than
>the M. So he would have had his hands on a few of them.

I am trying hard to comprehend what you are saying.  How could anyone come
to a conclusion that the G glass is "between 10 to 30 percent less good
that the M" without some form of precise and comprehensive comparative
testing?

>I'm almost positive Erwin has mentioned the Contax G lenes in his articles.

We obviously still cannot take you seriously until the references to these
articles are made available to us.

Dan K.