Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R (exension tubes)
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:15:30 +0000

Terry,

I really don't understand this proposal.  An extension tube physically
moves the lens outboard from the body.  The intent is for macrophotography,
as the focus point moves such that close focus is possible, but at the
disadvantage of losing distant focus.  If your intent is to photograph
wildlife other than insects at close range, I'm afraid an extension tube is
not what you need.  Your extenders are intended to permit an increase in
effective focal length  and preserving your focus range on a lens.  Are you
sure this isn't what Moose used instead?  With the increase of focal
length, shortened depth of field results in nice blurred backgrounds.

John