Subject: Re: [Leica]M42 adapter???? (was Too Many Lenses)
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 17:45:43 -0400

Actually, you have it backwards.  Since the rangefinder's mount to film
plane distance is so short, they can accept most slr lenses with the longer
film plane to mount difference associated with a mirror box because this
extra distance leave room to insert an appropriate adapter.  If you find an
adapter to mount an M or Screw lens to an SLR, it will not focus to
infinity.  Most of these adapters were designed to use Leica Macro lenses
on SLR's, where infinity focus does not matter.

I researched this about a year ago and came up with this excellent page
listing   mount to film plane registers.

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm

Regards,

Robert