Subject: [Leica] Too many lenses
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:54:00 +0100

Dave, for a trip with occasional, unplanned photography, I always bring 2
M:s with 21-35-50 and 90 mm lenses. Then, on the spot, I usually use my
minimalist bag that takes two bodies with only 35 and 50 mm anyway, with the
21 and 90 left at the hotel.

Having two systems, M and SLR, is also a cause for some headaches,
especially when doing some planned photography on a trip. After some hours
of decision making, I usually bring one M6 with 21 and 35 mm, plus an SLR
with 80-200/2,8 and 85/1,4. Then, on the spot, I end up with the M6 and 35
mm around my neck, and the SLR with 80-200 on my shoulder, my minimalist
mixed equipment.

This mixed equipment with 2 bodies/4 lenses weighs 3,84 kilos and the M-bag
with 2 bodies/4 lenses is 2,57 kilos. For my back, this is a big difference,
and the reason why I never bring the SLR on trips unless I feel a real need
for a lens longer than 90 mm.

You are perfectly right that we end up using the same two or three lenses!

Hans