Subject: Re: [Leica]M42 adapter???? (was Too Many Lenses)
From: Malcolm McCullough <blayne@mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 01:08:15 +0800

>I researched this about a year ago and came up with this excellent page
>listing   mount to film plane registers.
>
>http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm

This page got a mention a while back. It states both M and R flange focal
distances incorrectly.
M should be 27.35 mm
R should be 47.15 mm.

And now here's a bit of interesting information. Hey, you at the back, stay
awake.
The ffd for Arriflex is 52.00 mm - that is the optical depth. Cameras are
set so that the image is in focus 0.015 mm into the film, to allow for the
thickness of the three layers. The flange to film surface distance is
51.895 mm. Give or take a yard or two. The optical path length from flange
to surface of ground glass is 52.00 mm.

Does anyone know if Leica allow for emulsion thickness in the same way?

There now, wasn't that worth the effort?

Regards,
Malcolm
Singapore