Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica & Contax test
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 19:24:35 EST

The viewfinder of the G2 is not as good as the M6 for wide angle lenses.  But
it is substantially better at 90 mm.  I find that for some situations the G2
is quite superior to my M6's.

One interesting aspect of the G2's and M6's I have purchased last year (three
of each), is that the manufacturing quality control of the G2's was much
higher than the M6's.

Eric, is correct that the G2 is a camera that is not best in certain
situations.  Of course, the same can be said of the M6.

However, I give little credence to those who criticize any product without
owning one.  Too much chance of sour grapes.

Tom Shea

Tom Shea

<< But the viewfinder is
 terrible. I find it has more in common with "regular" point and shoot
 cameras in that it's like a little periscope rather than a real camera's
 viewfinder. If I pay that much for a camera, I expect a viewfinder that
 doesn't strain my eyes. >>