Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica & Contax test
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 06:20:31 -700

On 27 Mar 99, Mark Rabiner wrote, at least in part:

> > One interesting aspect of the G2's and M6's I have purchased last year
> > (three of each), is that the manufacturing quality control of the G2's
> > was much higher than the M6's. Tom Shea
>
> I don't as we know own this camera. But this statement seems doubtful as I
> don't think the G2 was made for the professional market as it's price and
> design reflect. If you could elaborate I would be interested.

I, too, would be interested. Like Mark, I do not own one, but I did
give close inspection to a friend's G2 recently. As far as I was
able to tell the fit, finish and general heft and feeling of
robustness was less than that of my early Solms production M6.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     Forecasting is very difficult,