Subject: Re: Antw: [Leica] Autofocus & Leica
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:35:05 -0600

My Nikon F90X provides focus confirmation with manual focus (AI-S)
lenses without modification.  However, with such set up I find focusing
with the ground glass screen difficult - while the view is bright and
clear, images do not seem to snap in and out of focus clearly, unlike
with most manual focus cameras.

Exactly what you describe drove me away from AF cameras for a couple years.
But Nikon's new F100 is surprisingly better in this regard. Though I think
Minolta has the best solution for their new Maxxum 9:  An optional focusing
screen optimized for manual focusing with fast lenses. That's something
Leica could adopt for an AF R.

Larry