Subject: [Leica] Filters
From: "Robert Rose" <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:04:15 -0800

BJ,
Usually this starts a flame war.  Here is the basic scoop:

     Use a filter at the sea shore if there is salt spray, (or some other specific reason) but otherwise don't.

Of course, if you need color filters for b&w, you must use a filter.  Funny, but
the lenses have so much contrast that I have never bothered except for a red
for IR film.  My red is from B&W.

At low light levels, you really run the risk of reflections from a light source in the image if you have a filter.

Most Leica owners I know do not routinely use a filter.

Bob

<<From: "BJ Bahk" <bjbahk_MS@msn.com>
I recently purchased M-6 with several used lenses and I like to know if the
luggers prefer not to use filters on their M lenses. Or, which brand/type of
filters are preferred by luggers ?>>