Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Autofocus & Leica
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 21:43:13 -0600

>Sometimes you might have to stop to shorten the film a bit because
>you got it too long before putting it in, but with some practice, it's just
>as fast, or faster, and more reliable than any manually loaded SLR.

But, Eric, the original poster was comparing the M6 to auto load cameras.
 Like the Contax G2...auto load.  I don't care how quick you are the
G2/EOS1n/R8/F5 yada yada are all quicker & easier to load than the manual
load upside down M6 is.

See original post below not clipped out of context:

dkhong@pacific.net.sg wrote:
>While film loading is an essential part of handling any camera, I find that
>film loading on my F90 or G2 or even my P&S a breeze compared to my M6.
>With the former I always get frame #1 after a short whirrrrrr.  The
>baseplate on the M6 is a pain, the flap at the back offers at most a peek,
>and when the film is wound I have to consciously eye the rewind knob to
>confirm that the film is truly running.  Except for the challenge to my
>dexterity everytime I load the M6, and for the supposedly stronger
>construction of the M body (as contributed by the baseplate design), I find
>the leica M film loading design terribly archaic.

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com