Subject: Re: [Leica] <OFF TOPIC>Scanner/SCSI help request
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:30:33 -0600

Thanks to all who replied to my questions.  I got a response form the Mac
Tech exchange discussion group about a Polaroid scanning program
available for download from the Polaroid site that works fine with the
scanner.

Polaroid knows of the conflict with their current plug in and extension
for the new Blue and white G3's and are working on a fix.  If anyone else
is thinking of getting the new mac and has a Polaroid scanner the program
is PolaColor Insight 2.0.2.

I am able to scan fine after installing this...go figure.  It is somewhat
of a pain to not be able to directly acquire in photoshop, but the
interface is nice and it scans very well.

There were no SCSI ID errors, or termination issues, or other things,
just a non compliant software on the newer macs.

On another note now that my scanner is printing I was FINALLY able to
print a photo on my new Epson Stylus Photo EX...man that thing prints
NICE.  Really good color...never thought an inkjet print could look this
good.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions and offers of help.

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com