Subject: Re: [Leica] I missed it.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 22:08:44 -0600

At 05:58 PM 4/1/99 -0500, you wrote:

>The famous shot of the little boy and girl walking through the arbor
>of shrubs is one of my favorites, and evokes many different feelings, all
>happy and carefree.

And, for the record, was totally set up. He had them go back and forth
several times until he got it right. That was Gene Smith's first photo
after recovering from wounds sustained in WWII that almost killed him. Very
popular photo, and it does have a great message. "The walk to paradise
garden" is what he called it.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    The strength and power of despotism
     consists wholly in the fear of resistance.
               -- Thomas Paine