Subject: Re: [Leica] Eye Contact
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 13:00:40 -0300

>The owner of a major news/photo agency this week told me he was having
>difficulty with assignment work because most editors/photoeditors are
>under 30 and want to work with 20 year olds with "fresh" vision, but few
>20 year olds have the maturity and experience to produce day in day out
>as professionals, and haven't a clue how to shoot for a trade magazine
>that needs a straight photo.
>
>Soon we're gonna have to reduce mandantory retirement to 32 years old.
>
>Grab your cane Eric and shuffle on outta there!
>
>donal

        RIGHT ON THE MARK!, Donal.

        I, for one, am now starting to run up against 20-something art
directors and account execs who DO NOT have the professional experience and
maturity to be doing their jobs.

        I see too little vision and too much "I know what I like and I'll
let you know when I see it."

        No capacity for original thought or ability to verbalize design
concepts so they rely on people to "bring THEM things" until they are happy.

        ...maybe it is time to become a "Gentleman Photographer" and turn
the business over to someone else?

Greg Locke                           E-Mail: locke@picturedesk.org
St. John's, Newfoundland             http://www.straylight.ca/locke
(Newfoundlanders... a people who voted themselves out of existence)

- --------------------- PictureDesk International -------------------
Available at PRESSLINK ONLINE           http://www.presslink.com