Subject: Re: [Leica] seeking M6 lens opinions
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 14:05:03 -0800

snip
> Assuming street pics, snapshots of kids, and landscapes, which would you
> consider a better choice for a first lens, a 2/50, or a 1.4/35.....or
> something else?     and
>
> Aesthetics aside, does the added weight of a chrome lens help you steady
> the camera better than a lighter black one?
snip
> Bruce
> Atlanta, GA

I was always put off by the added weight of the chrome but as it turns
out it is chrome over brass instead of black over aluminum. That has a
nice ring to it! My last lens of my outfit will be the 24 (might have
been smarter to have it be the first) and I might at the time shell out
the added bucks for the chrome and lug around a few extra once's. It
might look cool and a black body! It might look cool and a chrome body
which is what I sofar have!
Good luck, no matter which one you get it's always going to be something
else. I say marry it! Shoot with one lens for a whole year!
I don't think steadiness is an issue with lenes this smaller size.
Its my 21 st anaversary!
Mark Rabiner