Subject: [Leica] M2 Age
From: "Edmond Kim" <edmondkim@bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 23:21:04 -0800

Hello all,

I'm new to this group, actually I'm new to this whole Leica thing. Well,
I've been longing for a Leica for about 3 years. Finally, last Sunday I
purchased an M2 at a camera show.  No lens yet though.  Probably get one at
the next show. Despite having it for only a week, I've grown very much
attached to it.  I've even named it!  Ingrid! Am I the only one who does
this?

At any rate, how can I tell what year it, she?, was manufactured?  The
serial number is 937xxx. Is there a website with this information?

Thanks all!