Subject: [Leica] Tom's Trip Report
From: "Jim Licquia" <licquia@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 07:41:58 -0500

Tom, your trip report on the LUG was very enjoyable and entertaining. Thank
you!

We just got back from a week in London and I did not see a single M user; -a
fair number of R users though.

A guy stopped me on Westminster Bridge carrying an F5 and wanted to know
what model Leica I was using and I told him an M6. Turned out that he was a
staff photog for the LA Times and and had a broken M3 back home which he
preferred to use and that he was going to repair someday but the cost was
about $200.

Found a mint 50/2.8 BM Collapsible Elmar for the equivalent of $240 at one
of the Leica shops in Pied Bull Yard across from the British Museum. Also
got a Billingham Bag for a little more than half what it would have cost
here in the US. These were shops recommended by several London Lug users.
Thank you!

Jim Licquia, LSHA