Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak B&W Plus Film Report
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:28:12 -0400

L UGnuts;
I ran a roll of the new CN film from Kodak in their Select Series- The Black
and White Plus.
The integral mask is darker than that of the T400CN, and when I printed it
on the Gold 200 channel, I only had to add +1M.

The reason for this is that when we balance our printer channels we strike
for a reflective reading of the neutral gray of:
R- .80
G- .77-.78
B- .80

Over a period of time, we determined that our scanner has a bias and if we
setup the channel with a straight reading or .80 .80 .80 that production has
a slight magenta cast- if we lower the filtration on the green sensitive
channel, the production is perfect.

Since we print our B&W CN films with the scanner OFF, we have to add back
the magenta!

The slopes of the film are very close to that of Gold 200, and so the "B&W"
comes out very consistant whether the negative is over or under exposed!

From my standpoint, printing the stuff, it beats the other CN films hands
down! From the customer's standpoint, they are going to get a decent B&W
without a lot of variation! It's pretty good stuff if you need to use a CN
film

Dan