Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Adaptor?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 15:31:08 -0400

Frank

There are three versions of this adapter.  The original 14127 had a
mechanical cam you could set to equal your lens's aperture, and that worked
on the non-TTL, mechanically linked, original Leicaflex.  The first 14167
came next, which had the same arrangement, but for the SL and SL2.  With
the advent of the R's, Leica went to a bare 14167 without any linkage at
all.  These last require stop-down metering.

But all versions work on all cameras.  I use a 14127F to hook up my R
ocular to my APO-Televid, to yield a nice 64 magnifications.  But, then, it
does take all kinds ...

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!